Saturday, November 13, 2010

FL Arts Council Awards Reception, 2010

Before reward is defeat, before prominence, lowliness,

The Shepherdess wins an award...

“The Awards event was truly a night to remember…one of those thrilling times when the unexpected becomes a reality. I truly had no idea that I was being considered for this great honor. When Cheryl Kuck, chair person for the Arts Council phoned saying I had been chosen “Artist of the Year” for excellence in the arts, I felt certain there must be a mistake. Little did I realize that my writing and my involvement in teaching in our community would result in this award. I felt so blessed, so special. My prayer has always been that God would order my steps and guide me in the way I should go, to use me in a way that would honor Him through my writing. Surely, this is one of those surreal moments. “


Ruth Carmichael Ellinger

No comments:

Post a Comment