Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Who I am...

Who am I? A women who loves a cup of tea, sweetened with honey, and a screened porch where I sit on a glider while jasmine and gardenia perfume the air. I love my cottage gardens, front and back, my spa sheltered by miniature palms and potted herbs spicing the breeze. I love my southern home and my get-away cottage in the Midwest where another porch beckons me to rest awhile.


My personal style has evolved from a country rearing and living in many different area of the US and even in other countries. From my background, I have gathered the most treasured parts of life, those things literal and spiritual that I call, “keepers.” I love all things family, all things Scottish, sad Celtic music, and the history of the world, cultures and peoples. I am a student of people, their passions, their pathos.

I am a born and raised child of the earth, from the rich and fertile fields of Ohio where golden rod and Queen Anne’s lace and apple trees border the harvested fields. I love the earthy simplicity of life with a touch of whimsy to sweeten the journey. My thoroughly Scottish father was a complex person, and my mother was a dreamer. I am a mixture of both, but find my Scottish side most dominant.

The passion and pathos of my ancestry mixed with dreaming of another life created the writer in me. I, too, am a complex person, but the One who knows me best, goes before me, leading me gently through this life to the next. He also gave me a soul mate to travel beside me. Life has been good. I have been blessed.


No comments:

Post a Comment