Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Wildrose cottage in summer

Wildrose Cottage in summer

An angel to inspire

On the porch...Wildrose Cottage

Welcome to my Cottage

We have just returned from our cottage in Ohio, a place of refuge and peace, of renewing and inspiration. While there, I visited shops that stock my books, went ‘antiquing’ with my husband and renewed an old friendship of bygone years. And…for the first time in a long while, all my siblings were there – at the red brick farmhouse where I grew up, where both fond and painful memories are forever etched on my mind.


I feel so blessed to have sisters and brothers, to know they love me unconditionally. We are so very different, but tied together by blood, by the past that has shaped us into who we are today.


When I go home, I still feel the emptiness of not having living parents, of losing both ten months apart. How strange and wonderful and unexplainable is family. Surely, if I am God’s child, He thinks of me in the same way. I will ever be grateful for His plan for my life and for His wonderful love to me.


From an email friend:


If you never felt pain, how would you know that I am a Healer?

If you never had to pray, how would you know that I am a Deliverer?

If you never had a trial, how could you call yourself an overcomer?

If you never felt sadness, how would you know that I am a Comforter?

If you never made a mistake,

how would you know that I am a forgiver?

If you knew all, how would you know that I would answer your questions?

If you never were in trouble,
how would you know that I will come to your rescue

If you never were broken, how would you know that I can make you whole?

If you never had a problem,
how would you know that I could solve them?

If you never had any suffering, how would you know what I went through?

If you never went through the fire, how would you become pure?

If I gave you all things, how would you appreciate them?

If I never corrected you, how would you know that I love you?

If you had all power, how would you learn to depend on me?

If your life was perfect, what would you need me for?


Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment