Thursday, October 20, 2011

Autumn…on the Ohio farm

SEASONS OF LIFE...

I love every season of the year, but I love autumn best. This photo was taken last week on the farm where I grew up, where I experienced life and love and the ties that bind, a place where happy and sad moments are forever etched in my memory. I choose to remember the happy times when autumn arrives with the acrid smells of a smoke-filled hazy days, of drying maple leaves, harvested corn piled high on the wagon, juicy Macintosh apples and golden pears, and always…the familiar and unique aromas of the farm in autumn. I return each season to the place I still call home.


THE RED-BRICK FARM HOUSE

THE BARN AND POND IN THE DISTANCE

My sister lives on the farm with her husband and each year, they sell pumpkins and garden produce which they pile on an antique farm wagon near the road. Customers place money for their purchase in an “honor jar.”


PUMPKINS FOR SALE

By the bend in the road and in the distance, you can see the farm pond and a small cabin made of cherry logs which my father built and spent many happy hours wood-working


LAURA'S HAPPY CHICKENS AND DELICIOUS FARM EGGS


CLOSING WILDROSE COTTAGE FOR THE SEASON
( I am sad )

No comments:

Post a Comment