Wednesday, April 11, 2012

WELCOME TO MY GARDEN!


WELCOME TO MY GARDEN!


BEST OF SHOW!


April is the month when everything I love is blooming and the gardens look so fresh and new. The herbs are ready to pick and dry for later use but I keep some going the year around. Cooking with the fresh herbs make everything so tasty. My favorite to use for fresh salmon are rosemary and tarragon. My daughter even gathers the stinging nettle which she drys for a tea that is very helpful to women and eats the young leaves like greens cooked with seasonings. Be careful when gathering the nettle to use gloves!


Wright's orchids are all in bloom now. He has just the right spot for them


This colorful orchid couldn't be improved upon. The colors in creation are magnificent

The garden outside the study window



They call this a "peace" lily. Is that because that it blooms at Easter?



I had a friend over for afternoon tea and my husband added these roses. I enjoyed them so much and they added such color to the table

Tea on the porch on a spring day

Cool water and fresh mint from the garden



Cranberry orange scones. Yum!

I love eating raw.This salad has greens, mango, sweet pepper, blue cheese, sugar snap peas, and mushrooms.


No comments:

Post a Comment