Friday, September 21, 2012

Lamentations 3:22-23

It is of the Lord's mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness

Home again and catching up. The early weeks of September, I spent at Wildrose Cottage, attending a book event and Civil War 150th year Memorial Re-enactment, spending time with family, and visiting the farm. Wright was in Central America, overseeing a mission work there. We left the same day on separate planes; he flying south to another country, me flying north to our summer cottage.

I love the September mornings when the sun rises in the east, filtering through the trees and painting splotches of sunlight on my garden at Wildrose. I take my Bible, devotional and my journal to the deck off the kitchen. There I watch the mooring creep over the ravine to shine down on our cottage. This is a good time to pray, to remember that God’s compassion is new every morning and that He cares what happens to me, to His people, to all mankind.  



The new lattice in the east garden. I planted a 'sweet autumn" clematis just before I left Wildrose Cottage. It will look nice next spring. I plan to plant tulip and iris and other bulb plants before winter.

  

Still enjoying the roses in the west flower bed. The color of this variety is so vivid but the thorns are sticky. The contrast of beauty and pricks gives us something to think about
 




A favorite Vase

  
 September evening...and missing him
 
 
~~~~
*To view more photos of  the 150th year Civil War Memorial Event, go to "My Ancestors, My Story at the top of this  page


The Shepherdess

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a lovely time at your cottage...I'm sure you wish Papa could have been there. :)

    ReplyDelete