Tuesday, December 4, 2012

December...Month of Memories


Wintertime.  The barn on the Ohio farm where I grew up
  
Some memories etched in my mind during the month of December have lasted a lifetime, warming my life with thoughts of home, of love, of moonlit nights and frosty mornings. It was in December when I began dating Wright. He brought me a collie puppy in a shoebox, a red ribbon tied around his furry neck. This dog was my faithful companion and friend for 17 years.

Shawn


My second memory of the man God had chosen for me was at an ice-skating party in December. I was with another young man, but I saw him there, his skating form smooth, his self-assurance a part of his total presence. At the bonfire, he looked my way, his eyes laughing. I thought he was laughing at me because I was such a poor skater. Somehow, he knew.




Skating in the Moonlight
Why didn’t I taken more photos?


Our wedding anniversary is in the month of December and each year that passes is a blessing from God. In our one and only lifetime, there is one great love that comes along. Some say that fate brings a man and woman together or that time and chance present the condition that forms this passion. I say that God has our ‘oneness’ planned from the beginning. The person He has chosen is destined to be our soul mate through life’s journey, this space in time, a soul mate that will be to us our one great and passionate love for all time. In one sense, we choose our destiny in wedded love, to allow the spark to become our great and consuming passion, or to allow it to die through lack of nurturing. We contribute to its increase or its decline, and how it will be at the end.



The Beginning








Family Years





Thinking of you...




Till a' the seas gang dry, my dear,
And the rocks melt wi' the sun:
I will luve thee still, my dear,
While the sands o' life shall run

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, MY LOVE

2 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you two love birds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post Ruth! Thank you for sharing those photos. Happy late Anniversary : )

    Blessings,
    Leah Nicolette

    ReplyDelete