Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Shepherdess Speaks

"Walk me to Heaven's Door"

We often hear about the ‘river of death,’ that darksome, fearsome, wide and terrible river that everyone must cross to enter the eternal realms.  We are not quite certain what awaits us or just how we will make this crossing, but, we can be certain that one day, we will stand on the banks of that river. If we are saved from sin and have served the Lord in our lifetime, We can have the assurance that Jesus will be there to take us across that mysterious river.

During my lifetime, I have walked many weary pilgrims to the banks of that river and I can almost see the gates on the other side. I have held their trembling hand as they silently slipped through the dark and misty corridor just outside that eternal door. Almost, I can hear the angels sing, can almost see the gates open. I strain to see what lies beyond. The gate closes and once again, I am left here to wait.

I say to my beloved, “If I go first, will you walk me to heaven’s door?” He smiles. “Yes. Will you walk me should I go first?”
“Yes,” I say, “I will walk you there, but take me with you this time.”

He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it. And it shall be said in that day, Lo, this is our God; we have waited for him, and he will save us: this is the Lord; we have waited for him, we will be glad and rejoice in his salvation.
Isaiah 25:8-9
 


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete