Tuesday, November 29, 2011

WINTER PLEASURES IN THE SHEEPFOLD -- BLUE AND WHITE


"BLUE WILLOW"

My earliest recollections of enjoying dishes for the sheer pleasure of their beauty and creative appeal was as a child, I watched my mother organize and display her blue and white dishware. She collected what she could afford of any dishware in shades of blue and white. Now…when I visit the farm, I see blue and white in the homes of my sisters, a reflection of those bygone blue winters. Mary has the “Lochs of Scotland” handed down from my mother and in Laura’s farm kitchen, platters of Flow Blue and white adorn the walls. My personal favorite pattern is, “Late Snow at Riverwood by Bob Timberlake




LATE SNOW AT RIVERWOOD BY BOB TIMBERLAKE



WINTER BLUE IN THE HUTCH


CURRIER & IVES


LATE SNOW AT RIVERWOOD


A FAVORITE TEAPOT


No comments:

Post a Comment