Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Autumn


There is a certain song the locust sings at summer’s end, and when I hear it, I too, feel the sad, melancholy tune of endings. Yet, in the death of summer foliage and fields of grain, fruit and gardens, there is a colorful beauty that cannot be matched in any other season. It is my favorite time of year, but then, every season is my favorite! I cannot choose which I love best.

 Emily in the leaves. She is the color of leaves and autumn

Down the lane to Tanglewood

Home in the south. Still summer here but it is lovely in winter

My favorite tree. When it rains, the limbs nearly touch the ground


The queens and the oaks rule


The Lady of Clyde

 
~~~~~~~~~~~

3 comments:

  1. My, my. I have changed a lot since that day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we have all changed, but you're still just as...gold and scarlet and brown and covered in autumn.

    ReplyDelete