Saturday, October 27, 2012

VOTE! Your American privilege and freedom...


The Right to Choose



Some Conservatives have decided not to vote in the upcoming election because they feel neither candidate stands for the Biblical principles their particular faith teaches. I can understand this to a point, but SOMEONE will end up in the White House and we, as Americans, have the right to choose, to vote for a candidate with integrity and moral character, despite his religious persuasion. No President can legislate religious faith, but he can lead by an example of integrity of honest and decent character, someone who honors life and the pursuit of happiness, who is respected by both believer and skeptic, someone who other national leaders can esteem.
          
When someone tells me they are not voting, fire rises in my bosom. I am descended from a long line of ancestors who bled the ground red for the liberty to choose a leader. I have visited their graves, read their stories and I honor their great courage and sacrifice. I am a Daughter of the American Revolution, and I will not forsake this right to cast my vote simply because neither candidate suits my ideals. Someone DIED for this right. If you don’t honor this freedom to cast your vote, then you do not understand true liberty and what it cost our ancestors. If you choose not to vote…it may cost you, not with your life, but with your liberty.

VOTE! Someone died to give you this freedom!


No comments:

Post a Comment