Monday, April 29, 2013

The Shepherdess Speaks



ABOVE ALL


Along life’s way, we make friends who we feel are trustworthy and true, then suddenly, we find ourselves dismissed from their lives. Just as Jesus was betrayal by his best friends, it happens to each of us sometime in life. I asked the Lord about friends…real friends. I needed something to drive away the disappointment, to lift my weary spirit. But…I heard no voice, could find no word of comfort, nothing but silence.

Then, last night, an old friend who died too young came to me in a dream. She seemed so real. I could see her every feature, look into her beautiful dark eyes. The loss of my friend had indeed been painful. Her loyalty was unwavering, unselfish and steadfast—truly irreplaceable. And still, I miss her and long for those golden days when we talked things through, good and bad, and were both better for it.

In my dream, she sat next to me and I pored out my heart to her, sharing all that had happened. She comforted me as only she could. To see her again, even in a dream, made me so happy! When I awoke, I felt that God had sent the vision of my friend simply because…because He knew I needed her. Jesus, the betrayed, the crucified, understood my sorrow and sent comfort through a dream. How precious is that? He thought of me…above all.

Crucified…laid behind the stone
You lived to die, rejected and alone
Like a rose…trampled on the ground
You took the fall and thought of me
…above all

No comments:

Post a Comment