Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Emily turns “Sweet Sixteen”

I arrived at the hospital shortly after Emily was born. My first glimpse of this new little granddaughter was a cherished moment. Looking into her round little face, I saw passion, raw and new, clothed in peachy soft skin, dark blue eyes that soon turned brown and peachy red hair that made me laugh. “Now,” I said to my daughter, “this little lassie will be a challenge.”


I could have foretold of her passionate nature, her amazing artistic and musical ability, and her natural creative instincts. It was all there…on the day she was born. She was a Highland lassie, no doubt, red hair and all, a descendant of her Scottish ancestors; open, free, tumultuous, and mixed with that combination, a loving heart; intense, sincere and loyal. Emily is lovely, and the world has been far more colorful since she arrived.

No comments:

Post a Comment