Friday, June 1, 2012

The Shepherdess speaks from the June garden



Mother's Day flowers arrived from Katherine and I thought they wouldn't make it since the Fed-X truck was not refrigerated, but they just seemed to get more beautiful as the days went by. I am still enjoying them on my dining room table. 


 Early morning and this quiet corner in the north garden is a good place to start the day with coffee and prayer


Since the flowers were for Mother's Day, I thought it quite appropriate to place them in an antique ironstone teapot given to me by my mother. When Mother's Day rolls around each year, I use things from my mother's house that remind me what a wonderful blessing she was


The north garden is the "back door" entrance to our home. Hardly anyone ever comes to the front door and I guess that makes us "back door" friends

The morning sun is just creeping up over the oak trees, sending shafts of sunlight into the garden. The various shades of green are so awesome