Saturday, July 6, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY...


This month is my husband’s birthday and I wanted to do something very special for him…but my plan fell apart and I have nothing even close to adequate to express my love and thankfulness to God for giving me such a wonderful husband. Through the years of his selfless service, I have been by his side as he ministered God’s word, facing every difficulty with courage and hope. Opposition and misunderstanding are part of this work and the journey is fraught with tears, joys and losses, but the gains far outweigh the losses.

I came to realize how much he had sacrificed when I asked him to read aloud a story slated for a July deadline. As he read, I followed on the computer screen until suddenly, the words stopped. I turned to see tears in his eyes and a look of infinite sadness on his features. Tears of empathy rose in my own eyes. In my story, I was describing the fragrant fields of the farm where he grew up, a home he had loved. The story spoke of many things dear to him, but now a bittersweet memory. I am reminded of the song lyrics that relate so personally to his life of service and I know he feels the sacrifice has not been too much and his joy is knowing that through it all, there has been One who has loved him.

Happy Birthday, my love…
Your Shepherdess

"In This Life"

Let the world stop turning,
let the sun stop burning.
Let them tell me love's not worth going through.
If it all falls apart, I will know deep in my heart
the only dream that matters has come true;
in this life, I was loved by you.

For every mountain I have climbed,
every raging river crossed,
You were the treasure that I longed to find.
Without your love, I would be lost.
In this life, I was loved by You.

No comments:

Post a Comment