Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Lead me to the rock that is higher than I...

Vacationing along the coast of Maine is breathtakingly beautiful. We took so many photos and were inspired by the natural beauty and rugged coastal landscape. I could spend a summer there; walking along the shores and visiting with the many interesting people and their unique culture.The history itself is fascinating

How many times have I been in this spiritual place? If the little boat can make it to this rock, a store of food and water is kept in the tower for any who are lost at sea or for the weary who need to rest

God will bring us safely to the other shore


Unless Thy goodness opens paths for me through the consuming vastness of the sea;


Thy winds, O God, so strong, So slight my meager sail.
How could I pass over the long and salty trail,
Unless Thy love were mightier than the wrath of all the tempests that beset my path?


Thy world, O God, so fierce, And I so frail.
Yet, cities of refuge arise for me and dangers cease,
Sweet peace abounds, and all is calm and rest.


For more of my Maine photos, check this link:
 



No comments:

Post a Comment