Wednesday, February 1, 2012

EXCERPTS...


RES-SETTING THE TONE


“With my soul have I desired thee in the night;

Yea, with my spirit within me will I seek thee early:”

Isaiah 26:9

It was one of those days everyone talks about; a day of small disasters that cause us to wonder why we crawled out of bed.

Sitting at my computer, I stared at the screen, seeing nothing, my mind a myriad of jumbled thoughts, wondering why this day seemed entirely out of tune with everything around me. Anything that could go wrong had gone wrong. Wearily, I tried in vain to focus on the next thing: a writing deadline with a manuscript due in one week.

My peace of mind had vanished, leaving me worried and anxious over small insignificant provocations. Things I would normally brush off became huge mountains of anxiety and perplexity. The really big concerns now loomed before me as near impossibilities.

What had happened? What went wrong with my day? Why was I thinking so negatively?......

(To purchase this collection, see sidebar)


2 comments:

  1. Received my Women Of The Secret Place last week and cannot express how much I have enjoyed reading it. I have laughed, cried and rejoiced with the many wonderful stories in this book. I am so thankful that these women took the time and listened to the leading of the Holy Spirit to submit such inspiring stories to be a help and encouragement to others. Thank you Ruth Ellinger for getting this work out into a world without hope and God. May the Lord bless these writers and may these stories be an inspiration to all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Your response to this collection of inspirational stories was a breath of fresh air on this leap year day! Your kind words touched my heart. It is women like you,those who can see the beauty of inspiring others with the written word that makes writing for God's glory worth it.

      Delete