Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Shepherdess speaks...

To the easy-care sheep who quietly follow, who go in and out to pasture, and who stand still while I work the burrs and tangles from their wool, I say thank you for making my job a labor of love. I thank you for the joy you bring to me as we journey together, for the warmth of your wool in winter, for the furry little lambs that arrive in spring.

And for those sheep of other folds who secretly follow…a Scottish proverb for you,

“May the roof above us never fall in;
May we who share this humble shelter, never fall out.”

He will feed his flock like a shepherd.
He will carry the lambs in his arms,
holding them close to his heart. He will gently lead the mother sheep with their young.

Paraphrased from Isaiah 40: 1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment